What would this organization do if America’s 150,000 owners of Thoroughbred ex-racehorses wanted to join the effort to tell the story of these horses?
1. Create a state-by-state Resource Directory to connect sellers, buyers, and service providers who move these horses from racing to riding, with distribution to every tack room at every racetrack in America.
2. Offer a publication about all things Thoroughbred Ex-Racehorse, including news, advice, and inspiration.
3. Expand online resources that already exist, such as the RRTP Bloodline Brag, Sources for Horses, Trainer Directory, Horse Listings, and Educational Resources.
4. Build an alliance with racing organizations, rescue organizations, and the organizations that promote the sports in which Thoroughbreds compete.
5. Expand the Thoroughbred Makeover and National Symposium at Pimlico to better serve the emerging “OTTB Community” and reach those who have not yet heard the message.
All of these are on the RRTP “to do” list in 2014.
The problem is that none of it gets done without money. Success means more horses trained, more placed, and more retired sound from racing. This is worth the effort. We hope you will join us.
RRTP is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent provided by law. A copy of the current financial statement of RRTP is available by writing to RRTP, 440 Dodon Rd., Davidsonville, MD 21035 or by calling 410-798-5140. Documents and information submitted under the Maryland Solicitations Act are also available for the cost of postage and copies, from the Maryland Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401, (410) 974-5534.