From sport of kings to kings of sport
Makeover Incentive Offers
The Retired Racehorse Project does not guarantee any of the incentives listed below, nor is party to any transaction. Individual organizations are responsible for managing incentive payments and prizes. The Retired Racehorse Project lists known incentive offers here as a courtesy. Makeover trainers are responsible for contacting the sponsors of incentives to claim refunds or stipends.
Incentives should not be confused with special awards, which are added prize monies awarded at the Thoroughbred Makeover based on preliminary placings. Learn more about special awards here.
- After the Finish Line, sponsored by the Georgia B. Ridder Foundation, will reimburse the trainer entry, stall, and schooling reimbursement up to $575 for all trainers competing with California-breds.
- Any horse bred, raised or sold by Brownstead Farm is eligible for a $300 stipend that can be used for any expenses related to the Thoroughbred Makeover. Stipend will be paid upon horse's final entry for the Thoroughbred Makeover.
- Any horse that raced or had a timed work at Bally's Arapahoe Park and was adopted or purchased directly from racing connections is eligible for up to $400 for initial post-track veterinary or farrier care, plus an additional $100 towards Makeover entry for accepted trainers.
- $300 off adoption fee with proof of 2024 Makeover trainer acceptance
- $500 paid out upon passing the Thoroughbred Makeover Arrival Exam with a broodmare or retired racehorse leased from Mareworthy
- Additional $500 paid out from sponsor Horse Husband Stables to any trainer with a horse leased from Mareworthy who places in the overall top 10 of their discipline
- Additional incentives throughout the year; see website https://www.mareworthy.com/rrp-makeover-2024.html
- MAHR will pay Final Entry and stabling fees for any MAHR graduate attending the Makeover.
- $350 application fee reimbursed for trainers who complete competition at the Thoroughbred Makeover with a horse adopted from New Vocations
- Turning For Home will reimburse $500 to all TFH alumni who complete the Arrival Exam at the Thoroughbred Makeover.
- $200 for Final Entry fees will be reimbursed for horses coming from the Royal Fox Stables sales program.
- Second Chance Thoroughbreds will pay the initial application/entry fee for any of their adopted horses.
- Second Chance Thoroughbreds will reimburse $300 in travel expenses to get to the Makeover (paid in October).
If you offer any incentives for Makeover trainers or horses competing in the Thoroughbred Makeover and would like to be listed, contact Kristen Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org.