Education, Service & Inspiration.
The Retired Racehorse Project understands the critical need to increase demand for Thoroughbreds beyond racing and empowers equestrians with the support and resources they need to be successful with the breed.
While adoption organizations, listing agents, resellers and in-house racing programs all play a vital role in the modern aftercare industry, these programs will all struggle without demand from the equestrian industry. That’s where the Retired Racehorse Project comes in.
You can continue to make a difference to the causes that mean the most to you. If everyone reading this article gives $10, we can raise over $200,000 for the future of Thoroughbred aftercare. Your donation is tax-deductible and will help us reach our year-end goal of $100,000 to help us launch our programming for 2024. Make your donation now!
Double your donation: watch our social media channels over the next few weeks for match pledge opportunities thanks to the generosity of major donors.
Your support in 2023 enabled us to:
- Facilitate the transition to next careers for over 570 horses via the Thoroughbred Makeover, including a new pilot program for former broodmares
- Relaunch free Horse Listings on our website, exclusively for Thoroughbreds
- Continue to produce high quality content for our digital Education Library
- Present programming at the Kentucky 3-Day Event, Preakness meet, Saratoga meet, Churchill Downs Aftercare Day, the University of Arizona, and more
- Establish an advisory council to increase awareness of our work and better serve our community
There’s more we’d love to achieve in 2024, and your support will help us on our way!
Additional ways you can support the RRP in 2024: