Spring 2016 OTTB Mag
29 in stock
Physical copies of this issue are sold out, but you can access the digital version with a subscription to Off-Track Thoroughbred Magazine.
In this issue of the Off-Track Thoroughbred Magazine:
- From Starting Gate to Start Box – Some of the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event contenders breezed furlongs before becoming eventing royalty.
- Rolex OTTBs at a Glance – Fun facts and figures about the OTTBs competing at Rolex this year, including earnings, ages, and much more.
- Makeover Winners: Where are They Now? – From film-making to ponying, last year’s batch of Makeover winners have been busy since their wins.
- Kids and Thoroughbreds: Partners for Life – With the right training and guidance, an off-track Thoroughbred can be a great youth horse — and a great investment.
In Every Issue
- Training With Tik: It’s the Look I Want – Tik Maynard and David O’Connor talk groundwork, horsemanship and how to channel a horse’s energy.
- Picking Prospects: Evaluating Conformation – Makeover trainers discuss which of six OTTBs are best-suited to their discipline and why.
- Racehorse Life: Gate Training – Learn how trainers teach their young Thoroughbreds to break from the starting gate safely and effectively.
- Thoughts from the President; How to Connect and Engage with Us; Member Musings; RRP and Makeover News; Sponsor Stories: Caring for Its Own; Aftercare: Turning For Home; Aftercare: Defend Your Adoption Contract; Market Watch: Sources for Horses; OTTB Care: Feeding Your OTTB; Final Thoughts