Our online store will be closed while we attend the Land Rover Kentucky 3 Day Event.
Please stop by our booth to shop in person or check back online after the event.
Spring 2016 OTTB Mag
29 in stock
Physical copies of this issue are sold out, but you can access the digital version with a subscription to Off-Track Thoroughbred Magazine.
In this issue of the Off-Track Thoroughbred Magazine:
- From Starting Gate to Start Box – Some of the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event contenders breezed furlongs before becoming eventing royalty.
- Rolex OTTBs at a Glance – Fun facts and figures about the OTTBs competing at Rolex this year, including earnings, ages, and much more.
- Makeover Winners: Where are They Now? – From film-making to ponying, last year’s batch of Makeover winners have been busy since their wins.
- Kids and Thoroughbreds: Partners for Life – With the right training and guidance, an off-track Thoroughbred can be a great youth horse — and a great investment.
In Every Issue
- Training With Tik: It’s the Look I Want – Tik Maynard and David O’Connor talk groundwork, horsemanship and how to channel a horse’s energy.
- Picking Prospects: Evaluating Conformation – Makeover trainers discuss which of six OTTBs are best-suited to their discipline and why.
- Racehorse Life: Gate Training – Learn how trainers teach their young Thoroughbreds to break from the starting gate safely and effectively.
- Thoughts from the President; How to Connect and Engage with Us; Member Musings; RRP and Makeover News; Sponsor Stories: Caring for Its Own; Aftercare: Turning For Home; Aftercare: Defend Your Adoption Contract; Market Watch: Sources for Horses; OTTB Care: Feeding Your OTTB; Final Thoughts