The work of incentive and advocacy programs such as the Retired Racehorse Project are a critical part of the aftercare industry.
Through its banner event, the Thoroughbred Makeover, the RRP has directly impacted over 4,000 horses, and inspired the transition of thousands more. Combined with educational initiatives, we are increasing demand for Thoroughbreds and empowering horse owners with the necessary resources to be successful with the breed, which is vital in placing horse efficiently into quality homes.
Support our year-end campaign now: we have an $80,000 goal and every contribution helps! Make your donations at TheRRP.org/donate.
There is still so much more to do for the breed.
The Thoroughbred deserves to have its contributions to equestrian sport documented and celebrated and that starts with traceability beyond racing. The RRP is positioned to advance that cause but we need your support so we can scale our resources.
If everyone reading this article gives just $10, we can raise $200,000 for the future of Thoroughbred aftercare.
Other ways to support the RRP:
- Sponsor or advertise: Promote your business or organization in our OTTB Magazine, or support our programming year-round with custom packages for maximum visibility. Learn more about sponsorship
- Shop the RRP Store: Store purchases support our mission: make your holiday shopping doubly meaningful! Shop RRP Store
- Subscribe to OTTB Magazine: Our quarterly publication Off-Track Thoroughbred Magazine is the only magazine dedicated to the Thoroughbred in sport. Every issue is packed with information about transitioning and retraining Thoroughbred sport horses. Digital and print subscriptions available. Subscribe Now
- Fundraise on Facebook: Make the most of Giving Tuesday by hosting a fundraiser for the Retired Racehorse Project on Facebook, and share with your network why Thoroughbred aftercare is important to you!
- Shop with Amazon Smile or PayPal: As you do your holiday shopping, select the Retired Racehorse Project as your charity of choice at smile.amazon.com and a portion of sales will be donated back to the organization. You can also select the RRP as your charity of choice when shopping with PayPal and add a donation to your purchase.