An educational scholarship fund has been created to honor the memory of Becky Julian. An educator, Becky was a strong proponent of continual learning and a passionate Thoroughbred advocate. Accordingly, in 2017, three (3) $500 scholarships will be awarded to Mid-Atlantic riders of Jockey Club registered Thoroughbreds. Funds from the scholarship are to be used solely for educational purposes, such as riding lessons, clinics, camps and or horse related seminars.
Scholarship applicants will be asked to describe the program, clinic or training for which they are applying and the benefits they expect to achieve, and to provide photos or video upon their successful completion. Applicants can range from beginners to advanced riders. There is no application fee.
To be considered for scholarships, all applications must be received by May 15, 2017. Upon receipt, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive confirmation within 48 hours, please contact us at email@example.com. Scholarships will be awarded June 1st, 2017.
Requirements for Eligibility
1. Applicant must be a resident of PA, MD, VA, WV, DE or NJ
2. Applicant must be 8 years old or older.
3. Applicant must own or lease a Jockey Club registered Thoroughbred
4. Applicant must submit a short video clip of him or herself and their Thoroughbred.
5. Applicant must submit an equine professional reference or letter of recommendation.
6. Applicant must agree to follow up with CANTER PA regarding how the scholarship funds were utilized.
7. Completed Applications, including photo/video and letter of recommendation, are due May 15, 2017.
To download an application go to https://canterusa.org/pennsylvania/educational-scholarship/
For questions or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org